Three and a half months after a terrorist attack in Benghazi killed four Americans, including our U.S. ambassador, the pile of deceit, lies and cover-ups from our government continues to build. Complicit in all of this is Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. She will soon leave the state department and likely begin laying the groundwork to succeed Barack Obama as the next president of the United States. Her handling of the Benghazi tragedy should disqualify her from consideration.
Clinton is the overwhelming favorite for Democrats in 2016. Knowing her unquenchable thirst for power, it is a near certainty Clinton will run if she is physically able and thinks she can win. To that end, Mrs. Clinton is doing her best to slip out of her current position as quietly as possible.
Last week, it seemed, four of Clinton’s underlings at the State Department would take the fall for the Benghazi disaster. A report from the Accountability Review Board that cited “systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels” of the State Department. The report also called security at the Benghazi consulate “grossly inadequate”.
In response, the State Department announced the resignation of four department officials. However, it appears the so-called “resignations” were all a ruse. The New York Post reports all four will return to work in the state department soon:
“The four officials supposedly out of jobs because of their blunders in the run-up to the deadly Benghazi terror attack remain on the State Department payroll — and will all be back to work soon, The Post has learned.
The highest-ranking official caught up in the scandal, Assistant Secretary of State Eric Boswell, has not “resigned” from government service, as officials said last week. He is just switching desks. And the other three are simply on administrative leave and are expected back.”
Meanwhile, Mrs. Clinton has been absent from the public eye following a reported illness, fainting spell and subsequent concussion. The timing make Clinton’s ailments seem very suspicious. She was scheduled to testify to Congress regarding the Benghazi disaster shortly after the alleged concussion occurred.
Hillary Clinton had planed all along to step down as secretary of state at the beginning of President Obama’s second term. Senator John Kerry (D-Massachusetts) has already been selected as Clinton’s successor. However, some Republican senators reportedly are refusing to allow a vote for Kerry until Clinton testifies regarding the September 11 attack in Benghazi.
It is long past time that the America people were given truthful answers about what really happened in Benghazi. It is time someone was truly held accountable. First we were told the attacks were a spontaneous response to a YouTube video that few people have ever seen. That was blatantly false.
Despite overwhelming evidence that the military, the State Department and White House knew differently, Clinton even repeated the lie to the father of Tyrone Woods, a Navy Seal who was killed in the Benghazi attack.
Here is what Mr. Woods said in a radio interview regarding his meeting with Clinton several days after his son’s murder:
“Well, this is what Hillary did. She came over and, you know, she did the same thing, separately came over and talked with me. I gave her a hug, shook her hand, and she did not appear to be one bit sincere at all. She mentioned that thing about, “We’re going to have that person arrested and prosecuted that did the video.” That was the first time I had even heard about anything like that.
And apparently even the State Department had a live stream and was aware of their calls for help. This was my son, he wasn’t even there. He was at a safe house about a mile away. He got the distress call. He heard them crying for help. That’s why he and Glenn risked their lives to go that extra mile just to take care of the situation. And I’m sure that she wasn’t the only one that received that distress call: “Come save our lives.”
Hillary Clinton wants to be our next commander-in-chief. That means her number one job is to protect America lives. However, Clinton failed miserably to protect the lives of U.S. diplomats in Libya, despite their repeatedly pleas for more security. It is time for Clinton to tell us the truth. It is also vital that Iowans to remember Mrs. Clinton’s duplicity when she comes asking for their vote in three years in the 2016 Iowa Caucus.